Eurobarometer 41.0 March-May 1994 ZA No. 2490
Trade Issues, Blood Donation, AIDS and Smoking
- European Parliament and future elections (pre-election)
- Voting for the next European Elections 1994
- Women on Europe (attitudes towards EU women policies)
- Knowledge and importance of foreign languages
- Cross border purchase and customs experience
- The common European Currency
- European consumers and product quality
- "FETA" cheese consumption ("Project X")
- Cancer risks (nutrition)
- Smoking habits and attitudes towards smoking
- Attitudes on blood transfusion and AIDS
Documents and Data:
- Study Description (including version information, errata reporting, variable information, access to questionnaires and data download)
- Archive variable report
- Basic English Questionnaire
- Basic French Questionnaire
- In this Eurobarometer an oversample of non-national but EU citizens was added for experimental purposes and in view of the general inclusion of non-national EU citizens from Eurobarometer 41.1 onwards. On top of the normal 1000 national respondents, a varying number of EU citizens has been added which had to have one of the other eleven nationalities. This oversampling does not apply for Norway and Finland. In total 373 extra interviews were made in accordance to the proportion of non-nationals in each country.
- Also, another oversample of 'people responsible for shopping' (D19A) was added. 300 extra-respondents per country (except Northern Ireland, Finland and Norway) were asked only a limited subset of questions.
- See also special release: European Election Study 1994
- Current archive dataset version / update: v1.1.0 (2012)
- RELIGIOUS DENOMINATION is documented as "Orthodox" for code '3' in the original Eurobarometer codebooks and basic questionnaires starting with survey number 32. This is not correct in the case of the NETHERLANDS. Dutch respondents have been asked for the Protestant section "Gereformeerd" in the place of "Orthodox". Corrected in the ZA codebooks for deliveries after March 16, 1999.
- Variable Q.63_GER (country specific variable for question Q.63: "What is your mothertongue?" - Germany) is not correct in the original INRA editions which have been distributed before February 9, 1995. Corrected data have been supplied by INRA and have been inserted by ZA.
European Commission: EUROBAROMETER 41. Public Opinion in the European Community. Brussels, July 1994. (Also available in German)
Nicole Malpas, INRA (Europe) pour la Commission Européenne, DG X.A.7: Les femmes et l'election du parlament europeen. Bruxelles, Decembre 1994.
INRA (Europe) for the European Commission, Directorate General: Europeans and Blood. Brussels, February 1995 (also available in French).
Cees van der Eijk, Mark N. Franklin et.al.: Choosing Europe? The European Electorate and National Politics in the Face of Union. The University of Michigan Press. Ann Arbor, 1996 (ISBN 0-472-10357-1)
European Journal of Political Research. Special Issue: Political Representation in the European Parliament. Volume 32, No. 2 (October 1997)