We know that our long-term success is based on the fact that every employee in every department is fully committed, highly motivated and enthusiastically fulfilling his tasks. The compatibility of work and family life is therefore an integral part of GESIS's work and cooperation at the institute.
Since 2010 GESIS is the owner of the certificate “workandfamily” of the charitable Hertie Foundation and is thus one of the pioneers of non-university Research and Service Institutions. Therefore GESIS is bound to a range of arrangements to support the compatibility of work and family.
The focus of these arrangements is a flexible organisation of the working hours and the location of work:
- It is possible for all employees to organise and shape their working hours due to the legal basis and in accord with his or her supervisors independently
- Under specific conditions, GESIS offers teleworking employment contracts for employees who are employed at least six months
Further important arrangements for the compatibility of work and family at GESIS are:
- Support for childcare tasks through childcare allowance and parent-child rooms,
- The support of part-time workers in attending education courses,
- Consideration of family needs concerning team work,
- Flexible models of part-time work for individual family situations.
The short portrait developed by the Hertie foundation can be found here (0.93 MB) (in German) and our certificate can be seen here (1.00 MB) (in German). Further information concerning the audit can be found under www.berufundfamilie.de.