40.2 - Climate and Beyond
Special Issue: Climate and Beyond. Knowledge Production about the Earth as a Signpost of Social Change
- Andrea Westermann & Christian Rohr: Climate and Beyond. Knowledge Production about the Earth as a Signpost of Social Change. An Introduction.
- Matthias Dörries: Politics, Geological Past, and the Future of the Earth.
- Christoph Rosol: Hauling Data. Anthropocene Analogues, Paleoceanography and Missing Paradigm Shifts.
- Bernhard C. Schär: Earth Scientists as Time Travelers and Agents of Colonial Conquest. Swiss Naturalists in the Dutch East Indies.
- Lorena B. Valderrama: Seismic Forces and State Power: The Creation of the Chilean Seismological Service at the Beginning of the Twentieth Century.
- Kerry Smith: Earthquake Prediction in Occupied Japan.
- Brian Rumsey: From Flood Flows to Flood Maps: The Understanding of Flood Probabilities in the United States.
- Andrea Westermann: Geology and World Politics: Mineral Resource Appraisals as Tools of Geopolitical Calculation, 1919-1939.
- Perrin Selcer: Fabricating Unity: The FAO-UNESCO Soil Map of the World.
- Christian Kehrt: Gondwana’s Promises. German Geologists in Antarctica between Basic Science and Resource Exploration in the Late 1970s.
- Elena Aronova: Environmental Monitoring in the Making: From Surveying Nature’s Resources to Monitoring Nature’s Change.
- Naomi Oreskes: How Earth Science Has Become a Social Science.
- Ola Uhrqvist: One Model to Fit All? The Pursuit of Integrated Earth System Models in GAIM and AIMES.
- Jørgen Møller, Alexander Schmotz & Svend-Erik Skaaning: Economic Crisis and Democratic Breakdown in the Interwar Years: A Reassessment
- Paul Puschmann, Nina Van den Driessche, Per-Olof Grönberg, Bart Van de Putte & Koen Matthijs: From Outsiders to Insiders? Partner Choice and Marriage among Internal Migrants in Antwerp, Rotterdam & Stockholm.