- Klaus J. Bade: Why it happened the way it did: Autobiographical notes.
- Klaus J. Bade: The dream of ‚Exporting the social question’ through imperial expansion and colonial emigration: the case of Friedrich Fabri [1975/2005].
- Klaus J. Bade: The interdisciplinary approach of socio-historical migration research: terms, concepts, methodological and theoretical questions [1979/2005].
- Klaus J. Bade: Analysing transnational and internal migration in the German Northeast before World War I: Outlining a heuristic concept [1979/2005].
- Klaus J. Bade: From exporting to importing social problems: transnational migration in Germany since the mid-nineteenth century [1984/1985].
- Klaus J. Bade: Historical Migration Research .
- Klaus J. Bade: Migration in European History since the Late Middle Ages .
- Klaus J. Bade: Migration traditions and migration systems at the end of early modern Europe .
- Klaus J. Bade: Migrations in nineteenth and early twentieth-century Europe: labor migrants and travelling businessmen .
- Klaus J. Bade: The encyclopedia of European migration and minorities. From the seventeenth century to the present. Foreword / Introduction [2007/2011].
- Klaus J. Bade: Criticism and violence. Sarrazin debate, criticism of Islam, and terrorism in the immigration society [2013/2014].
- Klaus J. Bade: Blockade und liberation: identity crisis, surrogate public debates, and new self images in the immigrant society .
- Klaus J. Bade: From misswords to missdeeds: Cultural anxiety, populism, and enemy images in the German discussion on migration and asylum .
- Klaus J. Bade: Immigration society and ‘refugee crisis’ in Germany .