39.4 - Energy Crises
Special Issue: The Energy Crises of the 1970s
- Frank Bösch & Rüdiger Graf: Reacting to Anticipations: Energy Crises and Energy Policy in the 1970s. An Introduction.
- Robert D. Lifset: A New Understanding of the American Energy Crisis of the 1970s.
- Rüdiger Graf: Claiming Sovereignty in the Oil Crisis. “Project Independence” and Global Interdependence in the United States, 1973/74.
- Nuno Madureira: Waiting for the Energy Crisis: Europe and the US on the Eve of the First Oil Shock.
- Mogens Rüdiger: The 1973 Oil Crisis and the Designing of a Danish Energy Policy.
- Jeronim Perović & Dunja Krempin: “The Key is in Our Hands:” Soviet Energy Strategy during Détente and the Global Oil Crises of the 1970s.
- Elisabetta Bini: A Transatlantic Shock: Italy’s Energy Policies between the Mediterranean and the EEC, 1967-1975.
- Frank Bösch: Energy Diplomacy: West Germany, the Soviet Union and the Oil Crises of the 1970s.
- David S. Painter: Oil and Geopolitics: The Oil Crises of the 1970s and the Cold War.
- Henning Türk: The Oil Crisis of 1973 as a Challenge to Multilateral Energy Cooperation among Western Industrialized Countries.
- André Steiner: “Common Sense is Necessary.” East German Reactions to the Oil Crises of the 1970s.
- Christian Marx: Failed Solutions to the Energy Crises: Nuclear Power, Coal Conversion, and the Chemical Industry in West Germany since the 1960s.
- Jonathan Kuiken: Caught in Transition: Britain’s Oil Policy in the Face of Impending Crisis, 1967-1973.