45.2 - Military and Welfare State
Special Issue – Military and Welfare State: Conscription, Military Interests, and Western Welfare States in the Age of Industrialized Mass Warfare (Herbert Obinger)
- Nikolas Dörr, Lukas Grawe & Herbert Obinger: The Military Origins of Labor Protection Legislation in Imperial Germany.
- Nikolas Dörr: “As far as Numbers are concerned, we are beaten” Finis Galliae and the Nexus between Fears of Depopulation, Welfare Reform, and the Military in France during the Third Republic, 1870-1940.
- Delia González de Reufels: Health, Education, and General Conscription: Chilean Social Policy and the Military in the Second Half of the Nineteenth and Early Twentieth Century.
- Lukas Grawe: The Influence of Military Considerations on the 1869 Reichsvolksschulgesetz in Imperial Austria.
- Klaus Petersen: The Welfare Defence: Military Security and Social Welfare in Denmark from 1848 to the Cold War.
- Pierluigi Pironti: Warfare to Welfare: World War I and the Development of Social Legislation in Italy.
- Carina Schmitt: The Warfare – Welfare Nexus in French African Colonies in the Course of the First and Second World War.
- Olivier Burtin: The History of Veterans’ Policy in the United States: A Comparative Overview.
- Hubert Knoblauch & Martina Löw: The Re-Figuration of Spaces and Refigured Modernity – Concept and Diagnosis.
- Cas Wouters: Have Civilising Processes Changed Direction? Informalisation, Functional Democratisation, and Globalisation.