- Jetzt in Open Access Verfügbar: HSR Suppl. 32 Celebrity's Histories
- Jetzt in Open Access Verfügbar: 44.4 - Entrepreneurial Groups and Entrepreneurial Families
- Jetzt in Open Access Verfügbar: 44.3 - Islamicate Secularities
- Jetzt in Open Access Verfügbar: 44.2 - Governing by Numbers
- Jetzt in Open Access Verfügbar: 44.1 - Markets, Organizations, and Law
Special Issue – Social Finance, Impact Investing, and the Financialization of the Public Interest (Eve Chiapello & Lisa Knoll)
- Eve Chiapello & Lisa Knoll: Social Finance and Impact Investing. Governing Welfare in the Era of Financialization. [Abstract]
- Emily Barman: Many a Slip: The Challenge of Impact as Boundary Object in Social Finance. [Abstract]
- Antoine Ducastel & Ward Anseeuw: Impact Investing in South Africa: Investing in Empowerment, Empowering Investors. [Abstract]
- Serena Natile: Digital Finance Inclusion and the Mobile Money “Social” Enterprise: A Socio-Legal Critique of M-Pesa in Kenya. [Abstract]
- Jacob Hellman:Feeling Good and Financing Impact: Affective Judgments as a Tool for Social Investing. [Abstract]
- Théo Bourgeron: Constructing the Double Circulation of Capital and “Social Impact.” An Ethnographic Study of a French Impact Investment Fund. [Abstract]
- Davide Caselli: Did You Say “Social Impact”? Welfare Transformations, Networks of Expertise, and the Financialization of Italian Welfare. [Abstract]
- Leslie Huckfield: The Mythology of the Social Impact Bond. A Critical Assessment from a Concerned Observer. [Abstract]
- Manuel Wirth: Nudging Subjects at Risk: Social Impact Bonds between Financialization and Compassion. [Abstract]
Forum – Challenges for Big Data Analysis. Data Quality and Data Analysis of Analogous and Digital Mass Data (Lilli Braunisch, Malte Schweia, Peter Graeff & Nina Baur)
- Nina Baur, Peter Graeff, Lilli Braunisch & Malte Schweia: The Quality of Big Data. Development, Problems, and Possibilities of Use of Process-Generated Data in the Digital Age. [Abstract]
- Peter Graeff & Nina Baur: Digital Data, Administrative Data, and Survey Compared: Updating the Classical Toolbox for Assessing Data Quality of Big Data, Exemplified by the Generation of Corruption Data. [Abstract]
- Gertraud Koch & Katharina Kinder-Kurlanda: Source Criticism of Data Platform Logics on the Internet. [Abstract]
- Martin Weichbold, Alexander Seymer, Wolfgang Aschauer & Thomas Herdin: Potential and Limits of Automated Classification of Big Data – A Case Study. [Abstract]
- Rainer Diaz-Bone, Kenneth Horvath & Valeska Cappel: Social Research in Times of Big Data. The Challenges of New Data Worlds and the Need for a Sociology of Social Research. [Abstract]
- Michael Weinhardt: Ethical Issues in the Use of Big Data for Social Research. [Abstract]
Military and Welfare State: Conscription, Military Interests, and Western Welfare States in the Age of Industrialized Mass Warfare (Herbert Obinger)
- Herbert Obinger: Conscription, the Military, and Welfare State Development: An Introduction. [abstract]
- Nikolas Dörr, Lukas Grawe & Herbert Obinger: The Military Origins of Labor Protection Legislation in Imperial Germany. [abstract]
- Nikolas Dörr: “As far as Numbers are concerned, we are beaten” Finis Galliae and the Nexus between Fears of Depopulation, Welfare Reform, and the Military in France during the Third Republic, 1870-1940. [abstract]
- Delia González de Reufels: Health, Education, and General Conscription: Chilean Social Policy and the Military in the Second Half of the Nineteenth and Early Twentieth Century. [abstract]
- Lukas Grawe: The Influence of Military Considerations on the 1869 Reichsvolksschulgesetz in Imperial Austria. [abstract]
- Klaus Petersen: The Welfare Defence: Military Security and Social Welfare in Denmark from 1848 to the Cold War. [abstract]
- Pierluigi Pironti: Warfare to Welfare: World War I and the Development of Social Legislation in Italy. [abstract]
- Carina Schmitt: The Warfare – Welfare Nexus in French African Colonies in the Course of the First and Second World War. [abstract]
- Olivier Burtin: The History of Veterans’ Policy in the United States: A Comparative Overview. [abstract]
Special Issue – Emotion, Authority, and National Character: Historical-Processual Perspectives (Helmut Kuzmics, Dieter Reicher & Jason Hughes)
- Helmut Kuzmics, Dieter Reicher & Jason Hughes: State, Emotion, Authority, and National Habitus. State-Related Problems of Our Time and Methodological Discourses in Sociology and Historical Sociology. [abstract]
The Middle East
- Behrouz Alikhani: Processes of the State and Habitus Formation in Iran in the 19th and early 20th Centuries: The Socio- and Psychogenesis of the Constitutional Revolution in 1906. [abstract]
- Onur Kınlı & İrem Özgören Kınlı: Is Every Turk Born a Soldier? A Historical-Processual Analysis. [abstract]
- Gad Yair: The Uncanny: How Cultural Trauma Trumps Reason in German Israeli Scientific Collaborations. [abstract]
East Central and Southeastern Europe
- Nicolas Demertzis & Hara Stratoudaki: Greek Nationalism as a Case of Political Religion: Rituals and Sentimentality. [abstract]
- Miklós Hadas: The Culture of Distrust. On the Hungarian National Habitus. [abstract]
- Marta Bucholc: Schengen and the Rosary: Catholic Religion and the Postcolonial Syndrome in Polish National Habitus. [abstract]
Western and Central Europe
- Lars Bo Kaspersen: The Creation of Modern Denmark – A Figurational Analysis. [abstract]
- Dieter Reicher: Nationalistic German Gymnastic Movements and Modern Sports. Culture between Identity and Habitus. [abstract]
- Steven Loyal & Stephen Quilley: State Formation, Habitus, and National Character: Elias, Bourdieu, Polanyi, and Gellner and the Case of Asylum Seekers in Ireland. [abstract]
- Michael Dunning & Jason Hughes: Power, Habitus, and National Character: The Figurational Dynamics of Brexit. [abstract]
Celebrity’s Histories: Case Studies & Critical Perspectives (ed. Robert van Krieken & Nicola Vinovrški)
- Nicola Vinovrški & Robert van Krieken: New Directions in the History of Celebrity: Case Studies and Critical Perspectives.
- Antoine Lilti & Alice Le Goff: On Figures Publiques: L’Invention de la Célébrité (1750-1850): Mechanisms of Celebrity and Social Esteem.
- Chris Rojek: The Two Bodies of Achieved Celebrity.
- Jennifer Holl: "The wonder of his time": Richard Tarlton and the Dynamics of Early Modern Theatrical Celebrity.
- Brian Cowan: Histories of Celebrity in Post-Revolutionary England.
- Nicola Vinovrški: Casanova: A Case Study of Celebrity in 18th Century Europe.
- David Worrall: Edmund Kean’s Celebrity: Assemblage Theory and the Unintended Consequences of Audience Density.
- Jeffrey Kahan: Bettymania and the Death of Celebrity Culture.
- Simon Morgan: Heroes in the Age of Celebrity: Lafayette, Kossuth, and John Bright in 19th-Century America.
- Neil Washbourne: W.G. Grace: Sporting Superstar, Cultural Celebrity, and Hero (to Oscar Wilde’s Villain) of the Great Public Drama of 1895.
Special Issue – Entrepreneurial Groups and Entrepreneurial Families (Isabell Stamm, Allan Discua Cruz & Ludovic Cailluet)
- Isabell Stamm, Allan Discua Cruz & Ludovic Cailluet: Entrepreneurial Groups: Definition, Forms, and Historic Change.
- Katharina Scheidgen: Social Contexts in Team Formation: Why Do Independent Start-Ups and University Spin-Offs Form Teams Differently?
- Paloma Fernández Pérez: Pioneers and Challengers in the Global Plasma Protein Industry, 1915-2015.
- Robert Peters: The Interrelationship between Structure and Collective Actors: A Concept for a Dynamic-Reciprocal Model of Structural Change.
- Maria Elo:Immigrant Effect and Collective Entrepreneurship -The Creation and Development of a Turkish Entrepreneurial Group.
- Stefan Berwing: Extending Mixed Embeddedness: Entrepreneurial Figurations of Entrepreneurs with Migrant Origins in Germany.
- Michael Weinhardt & Isabell Stamm: Drawing Samples for the Longitudinal Study of Entrepreneurial Groups from Process-Generated Data: A Proposal Based on the German Register of Companies.
- Tim Seidenschnur: The Logic of Innovation. A Study on the Narrative Construction of Intrapreneurial Groups in the Light of Competing Institutional Logics.
Forum – Unification of Divided Systems (Woo-Young Lee & Eun-Jeung Lee)
- Woo-Young Lee & Eun-Jeung Lee: The Issue of Mind Integration in the Unification of Divided Systems: A Case Study Focused on Germany and the Two Koreas.
- Young-Mi Kwon & Juhwa Park: Peace through Cooperation or Peace through Strength? How to Achieve Peace in the Very Intractable Conflict Society. [Online Appendix]
- Hayeon Lee & Woo-Young Lee: The Perception of the Integration of North and South Korea. [Online Appendix]
- Jin-Heon Jung & Eun-Jeung Lee: Division and Unification: Seen through the Eyes of Korean Migrants in Berlin.
- Hannes B. Mosler & Bong-Ki Lee: The Elephant in the Room: Problems and Potentials of the Workers’ Party of Korea in a Korean Unification Scenario.
Special Issue – Islamicate Secularities in Past and Present (Markus Dressler, Armando Salvatore & Monika Wohlrab-Sahr)
- Markus Dressler, Armando Salvatore & Monika Wohlrab-Sahr: Islamicate Secularities: New Perspectives on a Contested Concept.
- Armando Salvatore: Secularity through a ‘Soft Distinction’ in the Islamic Ecumene? Adab as a Counterpoint to Shari‘a.
- Neguin Yavari: The Political Regard in Medieval Islamic Thought.
- Florian Zemmin: Validating Secularity in Islam: The Sociological Perspective of the Muslim Intellectual Rafiq al-‘Azm (1865-1925).
- Samuli Schielke: Is Prose Poetry a Conspiracy Against the Noble Qur’an? Poetics, Humans, and God in Contemporary Egypt.
- Katerina Dalacoura: “Islamic Civilization” as an Aspect of Secularization in Turkish Islamic Thought.
- Mohammad Magout: Transnationalizing Multiple Secularities: A Comparative Study of the Global Ismaՙili Community.
- Sana Chavoshian: Secular Atmospheres: Unveiling and Urban Space in Early 20th Century Iran.
- Brannon D. Ingram: A ‘Modern’ Madrasa: Deoband and Colonial Secularity.
- Yee Lak Elliot Lee: Muslims as “Hui” in Late Imperial and Republican China. A Historical Reconsideration of Social Differentiation and Identity Construction.
- Martin Ramstedt: Politics of Taxonomy in Postcolonial Indonesia: Ethnic Traditions between Religionisation and Secularisation.
- Paul Rotering: Family Systems and Fertility, Western Europe 1870-1960.
Special Issue – Governing by Numbers - Key Indicators and the Politics of Expectations (Walter Bartl, Christian Papilloud & Audrey Terracher-Lipinski)
- Walter Bartl, Christian Papilloud & Audrey Terracher-Lipinski: Governing by Numbers - Key Indicators and the Politics of Expectations. An Introduction.
- Laurent Thévenot: Measure for Measure: Politics of Quantifying Individuals to Govern Them.
- Rainer Diaz-Bone: Statistical Panopticism and its Critique.
- Timo Walter: Formalizing the Future: How Central Banks Set Out to Govern Expectations but Ended Up (En-)Trapped in Indicators.
- Ingo Bode: Let’s Count and Manage – and Forget the Rest. Understanding NumericRationalization in Human Service Provision.
- Lisa Knoll & Konstanze Senge: Public Debt Management between Discipline and Creativity. Accounting for Energy Performance Contracts in Germany.
- John Berten: Failed Indicatorisation: Defining, Comparing and Quantifying Social Policy in the ILO’s International Survey of Social Services of the Interwar Period.
- Oscar Javier Maldonado & Tiago Moreira: Metrics in Global Health: Situated Differences in the Valuation of Human Life.
- Carlotta Mozzana: A Matter of Definitions: The Profiling of People in Italian Active Labour Market Policies.
- Michael Huber & Maarten Hillebrandt: “Pay for Promise” in Higher Education: The Influence of NPM on Resource Allocation in German Universities.
- Anne Piezunka: Struggle for Acceptance – Maintaining External School Evaluation as an Institution in Germany.
- Philipp Lepenies: Transforming by Metrics that Matter – Progress, Participation, and the National Initiatives of Fixing Well-Being Indicators.
- Oliver Holtemöller & Christoph Schult: Expectation Formation, Financial Frictions, and Forecasting Performance of Dynamic Stochastic General Equilibrium Models.
Special Issue – Markets, Organizations, and Law –Perspectives of Convention Theory on Economic Practices and Structures
- Rainer Diaz-Bone & Olivier Favereau: Perspectives of Economics of Convention on Markets, Organizations, and Law. An Introduction.
- Olivier Favereau: The Economics of Convention: From the Practice of Economics to the Economics of Practice.
- Guillemette de Larquier & Géraldine Rieucau: Valuation and Matching: A Conventionalist Explanation of Labor Markets by Firms’ Recruitment Channels.
- Julia Brandl, Arjan Kozica, Katharina Pernkopf & Anna Schneider: Flexible Work Practices: Analysis from a Pragmatist Perspective.
- Delphine Remillon: Unemployment and Turning Points in Careers: A Conventionalist Analysis.
- Ariane Ghirardello: Discrimination as a Convention: A Re-Assessment of the Impact of Social Intervention.
- Christian Bessy & Francis Chateauraynaud: The Dynamics of Authentication and Counterfeits in Markets.
- Luka Jakelja & Florian Brugger: Why Do Markets Change? Some Conventionalist Considerations on the Stability and Dynamic of Markets.
- Franck Bessis & Camille Chaserant: A New Analysis of the Market for Legal Services. The Lawyer, homo œconomicus or homo conventionalis?.
- Claude Didry: Labor Law as a Base for Firms’ Organization.
- Lisa Knoll: Sustainable Markets and the State: Taxation, Cap-and-Trade, Pay-for-Success, and Nudging.
- Philippe Batifoulier, Nicolas Da Silva & Victor Duchesne: The Dynamics of Conventions: The Case of the French Social Security System.
- Michael Faust & Jürgen Kädtler: The (Not Entirely) Financialized Enterprise – A Conceptual Proposal.
- Rainer Diaz-Bone: Economics of Convention Meets Foucault.